Sunday, August 12, 2012

To Lower Costs

I decided I would follow Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.  That makes me feel better knowing that if we do need the money for IVF, we will have it.  I would sell my house, the house we built, in order to get some kiddos around here.  Of course, I really need to save money just in case I can't carry full term, and we have to adopt.  The average price of IVF is $12,000 per IVF cycle and we all know that is can take more than one cycle.  The average price of adoption is $30,000.  As figures add up in my head, it scares the crap out of me.  Luckily, Dave Ramsey will be helping me with that.  We don't have a lot of debt.  We have the mortgage, car and tires.  The mortgage is in the process of being refinanced and should save us an extra 250 a month.  Right now, we are on baby step 1.  We made our budget, now sticking to it.  I'm trying to only spend 100/week at the grocery.  Yesterday, I went and spent 112.  (But I did buy sticks just to check one time before I begin Femara on Monday).  So next week, I must try really hard to be below 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment