About the Award:
This award is given to new or up-and coming-bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!
If you receive a nomination, there are a few rules to follow:
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs
11 Things About Me:
1. We have 3 horses: Rebel, Spook and Jitter. Spook and Jitter were rescues that our neighbors abandoned.
2. My husband is a detective and I really admire him for it, but sometimes, I think his cases affect me than they affect him. For this I have a lot of respect and admiration for him doing his job, because I couldn't do it.
3. My husband and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon and my parents went there for their honeymoon as well, so I kind of see it as a good luck charm for our marriage because my parents have been happily married since the 70s.
4. I am working on Dave Ramsey's debt snowball.
5. I have a bin of things for my future child, and lately, I have been mourning the fact that I may never be able to have my own child.
6. I really want to experience pregnancy. I want to experience bonding with this being before they are even born. I feel like this is so magical.
7. I met my husband while working at Sears. He worked security and I worked the jewelery counter. He still remembers what I was wearing the first time he saw me. :)
8. I just painted my room lavendar!
9. I am trying to lose weight, but yoga saves me from my anxiety. After my first miscarriage, I was diaganosed with IBS, and yoga keeps that in check!
10. I have an amazing family. We always go to my mom's and dad's on Friday to have dinner and watch a movie or play a game. I love them so much!
11. I love York peppermint patties. In fact, today I had a coupon for some, so I bought some. MMMMM!
11 Questions Risa asked:
1. What is your favorite holiday?
I'm torn between Christmas, because I enjoy the whole family atmosphere, and fourth of July because I enjoy the patriotism and summertime associated with it.
2. Are you a morning person or night owl?
I am definitely a night owl.
3. What was the greatest moment of your life?
I feel like the greatest moment of life has yet to be determined; however, I have many great moments such as been marrying my husband and building our house.
4. Why do you blog?
It's my therapy.
5. What is your favorite waste of time?
Watching TV, riding horses, and just spending time with people I love
6. What is your favorite book or movie?
My favorite book is Fay by Larry Brown. My favorite movie is Now and Then.
7. When was the last time you cried?
I cried yesterday. I think I could probably cry everyday. I'm doing the best I can coping with infertility, and some days I'm just too numb to cry. Yesterday, it was a mixture of how cruel life can be. Somebody is naming their second kiddo a name that I always wanted for a boy, so it hit home. Then there was this case in the news about this piece of crap father who abused and murdered his 1 month old. I just don't understand what a 1 month old can do to provoke this kind of behavior. Here you have father who easily had a kiddo, and he killed his child. I would kill to just to be able to have a baby. It breaks my heart. Infertility sucks, and some days are better than others. Oh shit, I started tearing up writing this.
8. What causes are you passionate about?
I'm passionate about discussing infertility and miscarriages because I feel like so many people are unaware and/or ashamed. Also, I think its important for people to get their cats spayed or neutered.
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I've wanted to be it all. I wanted to be a teacher, news anchor, writer, journalist, actress
10. Beer, wine, or hard liqueur?
Red wine please. I love me some merlot and cabernet.
11. What was the most important lesson you have learned in life?
I think the lesson that I have had the hardest time learning and I'm still learning is that I do not have control over everything. I am kind of a control freak, and not having control can be very debilitating, so I am trying to learn to let go of what I cannot change, and of course accept that I do not have control over some things.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What been a recent flattering moment for you?
2. What's the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
3. Dogs or Cats?
4. What do you do to relax?
5. What's been one of the most difficult moments you have had in your life?
6. What's been one of the most proudest moments you have had in your life?
7. What's your favorite TV show?
8. Everyone has a unique talent, what would you say yours is?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. When was the last time you laughed?
11. Do you prefer lifting weights or doing cardio?
Who I've nominated:
1. Mommy Someday at http://waitingformybaby2012.blogspot.com/
2. Bea at http://birdsbeas.blogspot.com/2013/01/going-overboard.html
3.BWeezy at http://whatsupwithmyovaries.blogspot.com/2013/01/excuse-me-im-rambling.html
4. Katie at http://www.fromiftowhen.com/2013/01/strange-times.html
5. Sharon at http://ova-achiever.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-boy-responds.html
6. Marcie at http://marcielovesmoos.blogspot.com/2012/12/one-day-workup.html
7. Laura at http://theadventuresofaninfertilemyrtle.blogspot.com/2013/01/post-traumatic-pill-popping-cycle.html
8. The Redhead at http://cristaleen.blogspot.com/2013/01/saying-goodbye-to-2012-with-smile.html
9. Jenni at http://unconceivablyblessed.blogspot.com/2013/01/things-that-make-you-go-hmm.html
10. Shopgirl at http://fertiledreams2012.blogspot.com/2012/12/2013-astrology-glimpse-of-hope.html
11.April at http://cd1again.blogspot.com/2012/11/letter-to-myself.html