Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Warning to my Mom: Do not read this

Disclaimer:  If you are reading this and happen to be my mother, you will not want to continue reading.  If you continue reading, know it is at your own risk as it talks about my sex life. 

Below is an article that I recently read about the link of crappy sex during the time of IVF.  I have to say, since we've been starting this whole IVF cycle and I'm on birth control pills, my desire is nonexistant.  At first, it was nice because we weren't trying to have kid, but now I really could do without it.  I don't have the desire to have sex, and I think the birth control pills are affecting my hormones because there is very scant lubrication; I know this could be caused by my lack of desire, but it seems like it is more than that.

I just want to be normal.  I want to be a normal fertile, but that hasn't happened, so now I wait for IVF and hope that it works and perhaps after the first trimester, we will be able to have a normal sex life.  I'm apprehensive of having sex during the first trimester because of the prior miscarriages I have had.  I know sex does not cause miscarriages, but can they implicate them?  Can it interfere in the successful implanatation of an embryo?  I'm not willing to risk it!  I'm an deathly afraid I will have another miscarriage.  I can't escape this fear.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  I'll be taking up yoga this week to mellow the mind, destress the bod and hopefully improve circulation to the uterus area.


Article: Sex sucks during ivf

2 comments:

  1. Hi Autumn,

    I just noticed you were following my blog and after reading your blog I see we are on similar paths through IVF and miscarriage.

    Have you tried acupuncture? My next transfer is scheduled for January and I have found that massages, acupuncture and exercise have helped me a lot. I wish you the best. Please feel free to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the pp I have been going through acupuncture for a while now and that definitely improved things for me. Yoga is great too. I wish we were all normal this IF stuff sucks and I think no matter what it takes your sex life. I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete