Wednesday, November 28, 2012

IVF cycle thus far; second follicle scan

I've been shooting up with 250 u of follistim since Thanksgiving.  Today, I went in for my second follicle scan.  Looks like I have 8 follicles on each egg, but they are pretty small.  So I'll be increasing my dosage to 450 u.  I was a little disappointed by the size, and asked my doctor, "Since they are slow growing, does that indicate a problem with my egg quality.  She reassured me that it didn't, and each person is different.  She just wants to push my ovaries to work a little faster.  Great, $800 dollars extra.  My lining is coming in nicely. 

The doctor believes that instead of retrieval on Tuesday, it'll be at the end of the week.  I'm not suppose to start my second shot until Friday, which originally was planned to begin on Tuesday, so I wonder if my retrieval will correspond.  Will my egg retrieval be next Friday instead?  B suppose to give an additional sperm sample on Friday, so we have more to work with and as extra insurance if he were to get a fever and screw his quality of sperm. 

B's dreading the bloodwork, because each time I've gone they had to stick me and go fishing three times.  For a total of 3 appointments, I've been stuck 9 times~  Lucky for him his viens don't roll.

Emotionally, I've been on a rollercoaster.  Sometimes, I feel like this is it.  Our chances are good, this is going to work.  Other times, I'm completely bipolar from that.  I feel like we've already tried so much and statistically, we should have been pregnant already.  Statistically, we shouldn't have had two miscarriages. 

I'm just trying to stay calm and take each day as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment