Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm getting my drugs this week!!!! And Oct. 15

Friday, I should be receiving my medications for my IVF cycle.  I am so excited.  Not much to report, I am on birth control.  It's amazing how great sex can be without the pressure of baby-making!  October 30, I learn how to use all my medications.

October 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  I think the problem with pregnancy loss is a lot of women do not share their story, and they keep it bottled up.  I wasn't nearly as open with the first one as I felt like it was my fault and I was ashamed.  This year, I decided I will post the following on Facebook:

October 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  According to the American Pregnancy Association, studies suggest that 1 in 4 pregnancies will end in miscarriage before 13 weeks.  Only 20% of the women, who have had one, will have another one.  Unfortunately, I have had two early miscarriages.  October 15 is just the nationally recognized day of their remembrance, because even though it was an early miscarriage, they remain in my heart and in my thoughts for the other 364 days of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment