Monday, November 18, 2013

Update; countdown to turkey day

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything.  I thought my blog was lost in cyber space after Google's page changed.  I couldn't figure out how to find my blog.  Luckily, someone recently posted a comment and I realized not all was lost.

Our little turkey is due on Thanksgiving.  We have a lot to be thankful for.  Right now, time seems to be going by rather quickly and slowly.  I went to the doctor on Friday and I haven't started to dilate or soften. 

I have found out some more information about all the miscarriages we have had.  My current doc gave his theory that it comes down to genetics.  40-60% of people of the MTHFR genetic issue; I happen to be in the 4-10% category that has two screwed up parts on my chromosome.  The doc believes my hubby probably has an issue with it and when we procreate if it has three screwed up parts on the chromosome it means the baby is not suitable for life.  This is a logical answer and helps to address the uncertainty; however, it also confirms that odds are we are not done having miscarriages.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well! Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you! wondering how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a diagnosis. It can be so helpful. I am heterozygous for MTHFR so I did two shots of a blood thinner throughout my last pregnancy. I'm not doing the shots this time though. Even though you're homozygous, I believe that there are things you can do to help prevent miscarriage. I'm sure your doc walked you through all of that. Hoping that everything went well for the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete