Saturday, April 27, 2013

Leave

Dealing with infertility can exhaust all leave that has been saved up.  Now that I am pregnant, I have been taking leave without pay half days to attend appointments every two weeks.  I received approval from the superintendent and explained to the office manager what was going on.  Well, you can imagine my surprise when after my principal signed my leave slip, the following was written:  You need to schedule these appointments out of school if possible.  First, I have to drive over 50 miles to get these appointments with my RE, then they have the same office hours as the school's hours.  I repressed the urge to repond with:  "No shit Sherlock- unfortunately, it's not possible douche!"  I always schedule my appointments for the afternoon, so I only have to take a half day.  It was really annoying, and it still pisses me off.  Grrrr!

6 comments:

  1. Ugh so annoying! Do they really think you aren't already trying to do that?? I'm sorry you have to deal with this :( don't stress about it and hopefully they will be more understanding in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, Autumn, I am so sorry!!! GEESH!!

    I am so thankful that my superintendent and principal have been beyond supportive through all of the IVF/FET/Miscarriages/appointments, etc...

    Do not let this stress you out...it's so not worth it! Hang in there girl! Summer break is ALMOST here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. Sorry about that. And Ann's advice about it not being worth it is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. As if you don't have enough to worry about. At least it is almost summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want you to know that I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultrasound day!! Hoping you have a GREAT appointment today!

    ReplyDelete